This is my kind of car camping meal- quick, easy, cheap, filling, and nutritionally dense. You can cook it in a pressure cooker and make it even faster, too
- One cup dry brown lentils
- One can coconut milk
- 1 Tbs good quality curry powder
- 1/2 bag frozen spinach, thawed and drained (or you can use fresh!)
- 1 cup water (for pressure cooker) or 1 1/4 cup water (for saucepan)
- Salt, to taste (in this recipe I actually like using soy sauce because it packs a nice umami punch. I used about 1Tbs in this recipe)
- Combine all ingredients except salt in a saucepan or pressure cooker.
- Seal pressure cooker (if using) and put over high heat. If using saucepan, bring to a boil then cover and reduce to a simmer
- Cook time is 5 minutes after pressurization (for pressure cooker) or 20 minutes for saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding water as needed
- Salt to taste and enjoy!